Kinnaur
The administration in tribal district Kinnaur has gone into alert mode over the annual Kinner Kailash Yatra, with officials indicating that a major decision regarding the pilgrimage could be taken within the next two days.
Deputy Commissioner Amit Kumar Sharma said preservation of local dev traditions and religious sentiments would remain the administration’s top priority. He stressed that no step would be taken that could hurt the faith and cultural beliefs of local residents.
According to the administration, a high-level meeting will soon be convened to discuss various religious, cultural and administrative aspects linked to the yatra. Inputs will also be taken from Cabinet Minister and MLA Jagat Singh Negi before arriving at any final decision.
Officials said the administration would take a balanced call only after consultations with local delegations, public representatives and stakeholders. The situation regarding the pilgrimage is expected to become clearer within the next 48 hours.
The Kinner Kailash Yatra is considered one of Himachal Pradesh’s toughest and most revered pilgrimages, attracting thousands of devotees and trekkers every year. Traditionally held from August 1 to 15, the pilgrimage last year began on July 15 and continued for nearly 45 days, triggering discussions around crowd management and preservation of local traditions.
The administration is now working towards ensuring a balance between safety, administrative arrangements and protection of Kinnaur’s dev culture during this year’s yatra.







